Monday, December 27, 2010

Essential Oils for Health and Healing Begins

I’m not quite sure how I’ve arrived here, but I’m doing my best to live fully “in the moment”. 

I am *so enthusiastic* about what I have recently discovered on healing and health using essential oils and equally excited about what I also have yet to discover and apply.  When I am enthused about something helpful, I want to share it with as many people as possible who may also find it beneficial in their lives.  That is why I have begun this blog.

I will do my best to post updates as often as possible.  However, there will be moments of silence along the way.  My time is divided in many ways, with varying responsibilities, including writing for four other blogs which I keep on different subjects.

Over the last few years, I have become more and more interested in natural and holistic health and healing.  A few years ago, I had some very serious problems with my stomach and that experience was a huge turning point which drove me to learn much more about natural ways to care for my own body and for my family. I tell that story in complete detail on my health blog called The Acid Truth.

My interest in essential oils began a few years ago when I was introduced to the wonders of Tea Tree oil (Melaleuca).  Tea Tree oil is an amazing thing.  I implemented using it for things such as acne, coughs, ear infections, and bug bites.  I will write more about it in the future.  About a year and a half ago, I began to incorporate the use of essential oils as I made soy candles.  I have a candle business and make all my candles using soybean wax.  I desired to make the most natural candle possible, without synthetic fragrance.  So I began experimenting using Lavender essential oil.  During the initial experiments, I noticed that the quality of the essential oil greatly mattered.  I purchased a cheaper brand of Lavender which resulted in there being a lot of black soot on the candle when it was burned.  That plainly revealed that the essential oil I was using had impurities—very gross.  As I continued the experiments, I invested in a higher quality oil and had much better results.  The candle burned clean with an amazing fragrance.  This taught me that all essential oils are *not* alike.  Far from it!  It is true that you get what you pay for.

This blog will be about essential oils and their benefits for health and healing.  In the upcoming posts, I will give more general information about essential oils and their use.  I will write about my personal experiences and the experiences of others as the oils are implemented in different ways and what the results are.  If I mention that I used Lavender to achieve a particular health benefit, I want everyone reading to feel completely free to go to a store and buy Lavender essential oil to give it a try.  Although, I do want readers to be aware that buying “cheap” oils may certainly alter the helpful benefits received.  The higher the quality of the oil, the better the results.  As I learned through the candle making experiments, some essential oils sold on the market are not 100% pure.  
My hope is that those who read this blog will be helped in some way.  For the most part, I have become thoroughly disgusted with what the medical profession has turned into due to the push and shove of money-hungry pharmaceutical companies.  My goal is to take care of my health in the most holistic and natural manner and find healing with the least use of mainstream medicine while I help others to be able to do the same.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.  Thanks for reading.  May this blog be beneficial to you.

UPDATE January 2015

As I've learned more and more about essential oils and essential oil companies over the past few years, I've decided to purchase 99% of my oils from non multi-level marketing (MLM) companies.  I despise the marketing hype which usually accompanies an MLM company's products and the high mark up on the cost of their products so that their consultants can be paid from those profits.  This means that I mostly purchase my essential oils from companies like Mountain Rose Herbs or Aura Cacia. I encourage anyone reading this to search for conscientious and ethical essential oil companies who do not have consultants and who pride themselves in offering consumers the best essential oil products possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated by author.